Monday, May 26, 2014

I'm back

Its been over two years since my last post, and much has happened.  When I started this blog in 2011, I was trying to lose weight for my wedding.  I was successful and loved the way I looked on my wedding day.  Well, since then, I have not been as accountable to myself and I have gotten myself back into a weighty situation.

I, also, have welcomed a new addition to our family in December of 2013 so I know I should give myself some slack.  However, I'm going to let you in on a secret.... I only gained ~18 lbs with my pregnancy... I lost all that weight within about 4 weeks.  Now I still have to lose the 30 lbs I was supposed to lose prior to getting pregnant.

While pregnant, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.  This was a huge shock to my system.  I have always felt that I was a somewhat "healthy" person, I try and eat healthy, I generally work out somewhat regularly, I don't feel over-weight.  This diagnosis was a huge eye opener that I really needed to be more consciences of my eating and work-out habits.  After all I now have a daughter.  And I certainly don't want her to be weight-obsessed, I do want her to be healthy.  I also have some genetic stuff working against me, so I guess its time again to get back to business:)

My good pal, Emily, also had a baby in the last year and let me know she was doing a work out called Bikini Body Mommy. Its a 90 day, 20 minutes a day 6 days a week workout, which is perfect because the amount of time I have to work out is just around 20 minutes.

I started yesterday, and since the kid was refusing to lay down for her morning nap, I took her to the basement with me.  She was very entertained as I did my jumping jacks, skipped in place, etc.

So, here is my plan.

I am going to blog here on Sunday's. I will do my weekly weigh in, be accountable to all of you and to myself for sticking to the work out.

Every 4 weeks I will take a "progress pic".

Here is my pic from week 1.

This will last 12 weeks.  If having a baby has taught me anything, 12 weeks is not a long time:)  So the blog title isn't completely accurate as I will be continuing with this Bikini Body Mommy workout the whole time, but Im too lazy to start a new one:)

Feel free to follow along and join me on this new journey.  I am excited to get back into shape.

Here are my goals by the end of the 90 days:
Weight: 140 lbs
Chest:  34 inches
Waist: 32 inches
Hips: 34 inches

I am trying to keep this "doable" as to not set me up for failure.  If I do better than this, I will be a very happy camper!

Here is where I am today:
WEEK ONE:

Weight: 165 lbs
Chest: 36 3/4 inches
Waist: 35 inches
Hips: 38 1/2 inches



1 comment:

  1. Hooray for having you back! This blog helped keep me accountable last time because healthy habits are contagious, you know.

    ReplyDelete