Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jillian Michaels- Week 3 Weigh in

So, first of all, I apologize for not weighing in last week.  I had some...well... let's just say I wasn't quite myself last weekend.
I have now been doing Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" workout for three weeks.  There are good things and bad things about doing the same workout day in/day out.
The bad: it gets a little monotonous.
The good: I can really see how I am getting better, able to do more moves, increase my weights, etc.
When I first started my workouts in January, I couldn't do more than 1 or 2 pushups without having to go to my knees.  Now I can do all the pushups in Jillian's workout (there are two sets of 14 in case you were wondering).  I am ALMOST able to complete the "vicious plank circuit" without going into downward dog.  It feels really good!

Starting Thursday, I decided I was going to do a "low carb diet" for two weeks.  My friend Angelisa did it 2 weeks and lost 5 lbs...just by giving up carbs.  It is proving to be much harder (and more expensive) than I ever knew it would be.  I went to the store yesterday and bought a bunch of meat....that's pretty much it...just meat.  For breakfast Thursday and Friday I had bacon and eggs.  So I am getting rid of my carbs and adding a whole bunch of cholesterol and fat.  Not sure how it is supposed to work, but I guess I will see. 

I know last time I talked to you about how I was a little "sad" that the weight is starting to come off more slowly...but I was thinking about it this week.  I have lost a significant amount of weight since January 1st.  I mean, its only the middle of March and am I past halfway to my goal.  Even if I can lost another 5 lbs by the end of April, I will be in good shape for the wedding I am going to.  Plus it's going to start to get nice outside which will only mean more random "unplanned" calorie burning (walks, bikerides, etc).  So I am feeling confident that I will either meet or SURPASS my goal by the end of April!  (well, technically the beginning goal was 20 lbs- as in then blog title...but I REALLY want to get down to 130 lbs.  I haven't been below 140 since pretty much I moved to Chicago, so I know it's going to take a little longer. 

Anyways, I weighed in today and here are the results:
Weight: 144.0
BMI: 24.6
Hips: 38 inches
Waist: 31 inches
Chest: 37 inches

Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

  1. you are doing great!!!

    I hate plank. It makes me shaky do to my weakness of the arms. :)

    ReplyDelete