Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week 1 of Jillian Michaels kicking my bootie

I had a long conversation with a co-worker about my weight loss struggles.  Ive been a bit irritated that I lost so much weight my first month, and still just keep hovering around 149.  He told me about this is very normal.  I forget what he called it, but said the body will do a good job losing weight and then it hits a plateau, and it takes a good deal of self restraint to really get it kicked back to losing again.  You REALLY have to watch your diet, ensure you are buringing more calories than you take in, etc.
After I had that conversation with him on Wednesday I got did much better at watching the diet. 

I had great workouts this week.  I started Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones.  Its about a  50 minute work out when you include the warm up/cool down.  For those of you who do not know, Jillian Michaels is one of the trainers on "The biggest loser".  I used to watch the biggest loser while eating a bowl of icecream.  Now, I watch it while doing squats.  What a lifestyle change. Anyways, in this workout there are 7 circuts of 5 moves (most of them with weights) and they each repeat twice.  I lost my 2 lbs weights so I used my 3 lbs weights.  (Now of course Scott "FOUND" my 2 lbs weights....but now that Ive been doing the workout with the 3, Im going to stick with that.

It's been great to come home right after work and work out.  I can find a pretty good parking spot, and by 8pm I've already had my workout in, ate dinner AND showered.  When I was working out after work at the Dailey Method or Bikram, I was getting HOME at 8pm.  So this week I havent felt as warn down:)

And the results are in....and they are goo!

Weight: 145.6 lbs- I am halfway to my goal of 130!!!!!
BMI: 24.8
Hips 38 inches
Waist: 31 inches
Chest: 37 inches

Have a good weekend all!  Im headed to Pekin to wish my sister the Happiest 21st Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!!!! You are doing awesome!!!

    I am going to my first birkham yoga today. I'll think of you as I sweat my ass off (literally).

    ReplyDelete