Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Dailey Method: Week 2

This was the first week I did not make it to work out 4 days.  I only did three. I have to admit I did feel guilty about it last night, but by then it was too late to fix it.
It's Valentine's Day tomorrow.  Scott and I went out to dinner last night at a place called "Chalkboard".  Its a cute little restaurant located close to our neighborhood.  The chef tries to use locally grown products and/or organic stuff when they can.  Therefore, the menu changes based on what is available.
Last night (and all weekend for V-day), they offered a prix fix menu.  5 courses (I got the 5 courses with wine pairings).
Amuse Bouche- Caviar---I have never had cavier before, but it was such a small amount on top of a slice of fingerling potato, I didnt really taste it.
Course 1: I had the tomato bisque soup served with a grilled blue cheese sandwich (AMAZING)  Scott had the risotto.  He said it was good.  I was a bit worried about the blue cheese sandwich.  I like blue cheese, but was worried it it was just blue cheese it would be a bit overpowering.  It wasn't, It was perfect!
Course 2: We both had the scallops.  There are no words to describe how good these were. light, crispy, succulent.  Fabulous!  (the other option was a lobster salad....the lady next to me had it, it looked fine, but I'm glad I had the scallops.
Course 3: We both went with the crab crusted fillet, over the seared ahi Tuna.  This course was my least favorite.  The meat was very well done (and I'm a bit of pink in the center- actually it can be more than a bit kind of girl)
Dessert- cookie dough egg roll with chocolate ice cream.  We shared this and it was good....but I kept myself to a few bites.
What i probably liked best about this meal is that though there were 5 courses, it wasn't TOO MUCH food.  They were perfect portions.  Always left me wanting more (I wasn't on the second course going I'm so full.  I can't eat anymore.)
The wine pairings were very well thought out.  very fresh, very good.
All in all, a very happy valentines day.

Here are my weigh in numbers for the week:
Weight: 149.4 lbs
BMI: 25.5
Chest: 36.5
Waist: 31.5
Hips: 39

I am off to the dailey method now.  Gonna kick this week off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment