Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Dailey Method- Week 1

This week I started The Dailey Method (http://www.thedaileymethod.com/).  I really like it so far.  I went 5 days this week, even with a blizzard!  The Dailey Method is a combination of ballet, pilates, and yoga.  They focus on thighs, "seat, arms,  and core (abs/back).  There are a lot of reps (aLOT) just using your body for the most part.  There are some weights used during the arms portion, but only 2lbs. 
I am having a bit of trouble with "tucking my hips"...I'm not entirely sure what it means, and I KNOW I am not doing it correctly.  The teachers are GREAT though, give some personal attention, making sure you are doing the moves correctly, ensuring you keep your abs sucked in (THAT is hard work:))
But it looks like its paying off:
Here are the numbers:
Weight: 149.7 lbs
BMI: 25.4
Chest: 37 inches
waist: 31.5 inches
hips: 39 inches

I have done MUCH MUCH better on my diet this week (minus the chicken fingers I had at the bar last night).  This week is going to be much more challenging.  I have an ACS meeting on Monday night, Les Miserables on Tuesday night, and I actually have to go into the office this Friday (my team rotates Friday's so we only have to go in once every 5 weeks - AMAZING!), but I am signed up for class Wed-Sat this week.  Hopefully I will have figured out tucking my hips by then:)
Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment