Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 4 Dailey Method- How did Dailey Method Stack Up?

It is COLD.  I am so sick of winter.  We got a great glimpse of spring last week and it was just a tease.  There is snow back on the ground, the air is crisp and windy...I just want it to be 50...that's all I am asking:)  Please March come in like a lamb, and leave like one too!

But on a good note, my 4th week of The Dailey Method is over...and that means, so is February!  by the time I finish the next month, it will be April...and spring will be here!  (of course, as much as parts of me wants spring to get here, I have this little event in September that is approaching quickly as well....so I'm in a bit of a conundrum.

So, let me tell you about The Dailey Method. 
It's all about core strength.  It's all about sucking in your gut (let me tell you...its hard to do that for 60 minutes).  I feel like its all about planks (you seriously do some type of plank for about 5-7 minutes of class....YIKES!).  I am not that strong, my abs are not that strong.  But yesterday I actually finished all 10 pushups on my toes...TWICE!.  So, I know that it's working, I know that I am getting stronger.  I really liked some of the teachers that I had multiple times.  In some of the classes that were less crowded they do a really good job of correcting your body.  I finally figured out how to tuck my hips to get a good workout in my "seat".
I didn't like it as much as Bikram, I miss my Bikram, and I don't think it is something I will do regularly, but I do think it would be a great combination to a running workout for some core strenghening. 

I bought my Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" and am starting today.  I'm super excited to be able to come home right after work and get a good parking spot.  I wish we lived on the first floor (or in a building completely owned by us) so I could workout in the morning....but no such luck!

My diet was touch and go this month....with a lot more touch than go.  so, I guess the results of the Dailey Method are unfortunately a little skewed.  I am going to try to "jumpstart" my diet again this week and see if I can get back on track!

Here are my week 4 weigh in results:
Weight: 147.6 lbs
BMI- 25.2
Hips: 38 inches
Waist: 30.5 inches
Chst: 36.5 inches

Totals:
Weight Loss: 5.4 lbs
Hips: 0.5 inches
Waist: another inch---whoohoo!
Chest: 0.5 inches

So, still pretty reasonable.  I am hoping for at least another 5-10 lbs in March. Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment