Friday, June 20, 2014

Shame Shame

I didn't check in on Sunday.  In my defense, we had a really busy weekend full of patio building.  With it being the hubs first fathers day, this is what he wanted to do.  I got all my workouts in (even working out ON TOP OF digging out grass, moving heavy patio bricks, walking to the store and back to get everyone sandwiches).  I was feeling GREAT!

I confided in a friend that I felt the workouts from BBM were a little "lack-luster", and she agreed, saying that you really have to push yourself.  Its ok to "beat the exercise instructor" because you are trying to do the most reps you can do.

I took her advice to heart, got myself some new 10# weights, started writing down my results, giving myself goals, competing with myself daily.  I was finally sweating.  I noticed I could get 6 burpies in by the time the instructor got 2 in (seriously, you dont' have to spend 15 seconds telling us how to do a burpie three weeks in... we have done them many times already by now).  I was feeling AWESOME.

So Sunday, before I went out and helped in patio land, I jumped on the scale....

162.2.  Only down .4 oz... talk about defeating.  I hate the scale.  I hate my fear of it.  I hate how it can make me doubt everything I am doing and if anything really works.  I hate how it can make me lose my mojo in a brief 4 seconds.  So I didn't update the blog.  I wanted to spend time with my lovely family, my awesome husband, his friends, grill out, enjoy the patio and go to bed early.

So, consider this my Sunday update.  I will be back this Sunday, but fair warning... this week isn't shaping up to be a very good week either.  I did get my workout in on Tuesday (despite working a 14+ hour day, but did not get one in Wednesday (another 14+ hour day) or Thursday (I spent cuddling with my little girl who I hadn't seen in two days).  My eating has sucked (I have been be-bopping between a class and a customer appreciation conference all week and didn't get to plan my meals (let alone my alcohol intake).  Today my goal is to do both the cardio and weight workout, but I succumbed to ordering Domino's for lunch.
At least I will be prepared this week to take a step back.  Ugh... this is killing me.

Anyways, I wanted to do a quick check in.  Ill check back in a few more days.



1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking about checking in with you on Sundays. We have P90X that I've been toying with the idea of starting. I'm super frustrated with my lack of exercise and lack of being at a healthy weight but feel like I've hit a brick wall with my gumption to do something about it. Bleh. So...I'll check in here Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete