Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bikram Recap- 4 weeks of Bikram...the results are in

I learned something this week.  I learned that if I was on the biggest loser and was faced with my food temptations I would FAIL miserably!  I would be the girl who would go in and be "one little bite won't hurt"....I would be wrong.

My diet was HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE this week. *Please Note- I DO NOT blame the restaurants, I blame myself.  I could have opted for healthier choices....I did not*

Sunday was the HORRIBLE, horrible Bears/Packers game.  I went over a friends house to watch the game.  Now, Papa Johns just opened in the city (or at least in our neighborhood), so I have been wanting to order it.  We did..it was delicious. I should have stopped at one piece, I did not...I had 3 (at a whopping 240 calories a slice...YIKES!). I blame my depression of the bears offense.
Sunday un-needed calories: 720 (half of my usual daily intake)

Monday I didn't like the lunch I took, so I went to the McDonald's in the other corporate office building.  I should have opted to get oatmeal (cuz it's delicious and only 290 calories), but I had a bad meeting, so I opted for a chicken tenders value meal.
Monday un-needed calories- 830

Wednesday, we had a lunch meeting....bring in the Buona Beef Italian Beef Sandwich.  Now, I could have had one 4 inch sandwich (only 300 calories- would have kinda fit in my diet---minus the white awesomely delicious Italian bread (especially when it is soaked in beef broth---yum).  I had 3 4 inch sandwiches. 
Total un-needed calories- 665

Thursday- another lunch meeting, surprisingly more Italian Beef (I did limit to one this time) and some baked mosticholi...yippee....more carbs.  Cant find the calorie count here, but Im assuming at least 600 un needed.

Friday night- (I told you....bad week)- I went out with some co-workers to celebrate some good news from McDonald's...and had a few (several) beers.  Now, I have been trying really hard WHEN I go out, to limit my drinks to vodka and soda....not the case...these were STONG ale's (no MGD 64 here).  Then I had some late night quesadilla's.

So, my results show that.  The only good thing that came from this week was me realizing that my diet was DEFINITELY assisting in my weight loss.

So, enough about all of that.  Let's do a quick recap of my month of Bikram.
I stared Bikram in November, and I remember that first class.  It was horrible.  I sat down about every other pose, I threw up afterward (though I think that is more because of my "Women's One a Day").  Throughout my couple of times going in Nov and Dec I began to really take my yoga seriously.  In January, when it really almost became a daily practice I could feel myself getting further into the poses, into my practice and really being able to breath in the poses.  I became flexible (or at least more flexible) and calm...which is not a word people usually use when they describe me.

So yoga is over. My next 4 weeks will be spent on 'The Daily Method" -which is like the bar method, but closer to my house.  I did my first session this morning, and WOW- it is different that what I have been doing.  I think it's going to kick my rear!  I am also back on the diet.  Scott is at the store as we speaking picking up my healthy options:)

Bikram Yoga week 4 results:
weight: 153 lbs
BMI: 26.1
Chest: 37 inches
Waist: 31.5 inches
Hips: 38.5 inches

Total Loss-
weight: 8lbs 2 oz
chest: 1.5 inches
waist: 2.5 inches
hips: 1.5 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment