Sunday, April 24, 2011

The 4 months are OVER....WHAT!!!

So Im sitting here...and realized my four months are over.  (You know the title 4 months, 4 workouts 20lbs)....
Let's recap-
In January I did Bikram Yoga...26 yoga poses in a hot HOT room (105 degrees F).  I learned what sweating is like in Bikram.  I loved it.  Loved the studio, lost a lot of weight, and loved being WARM in those cold January days!

February was The Daley Method-  The Daley Method is a combination of pilates, yoga, and ballet.  I believe the daley method helped me build up some of my upper body strength so I could do Jillian Michaels.  Sometimes the classes seemed a little less "exercisey" for my taste...and more like a fashion show.... but it was a good workout.

March was Jillian Michaels.  I worked out from home, did the "no more trouble zones" workout.  I liked getting home early and getting a parking spot.  I liked being able to compare and see how I was progressing and finally being able to do the WHOLE workout without taking a break.  I love me some Jillian...she kicks my bootie.

April was Row Fit Chicago.  Most of the classes were spent on an urg.  rowing in an instructor led class.  There were a few "cross fit" days thrown in there, working on upper body and building some muscles.  I really like rowing.  I think I will use this as my "cross train" day when running in May and may end up getting a membership in June.

So...what do the results show?  Bikrams WINS....Surprisingly, the daley method was  a close second.
However, in the defense of Jillian and Rowing...my diet was MUCH MUCH better in January and February.


Month Beginning Weight End Weight Weigh Loss Total Weight Loss % Workout
Jan 161.2 153 8.2 5.09% Bikram
Feb 153 147.6 5.4 3.53% Daley Method
Mar 147.6 145.2 2.4 1.63% Jillian
Apr 145.2 142.6 2.6 1.79% Rowing

Now, fear not.  I will continue blogging about my weigh loss journey.  I still haven't lost my 20 lbs...just BARLY under... and I need to continue this and do a few more.  I'd truly in my heart of hearts like to be about 130 for the wedding....
Luckily, I have another 4 months to go.  I think I now have a better idea of what works, and I still have a boot camp groupon to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment