Sunday, April 10, 2011

Row Fit Week 2

Hey all-
Sorry it's so late.  Spring has sprung in Chicago (at least for a few days), and I was taking all the advantage of it I could. 
I am really starting to get into this rowing thing.  I like that I can really start to see my progress. 
There are two "stats" we look at (a) strokes/minute and (b) split (ie- how long to row 500 meters.

When I first started it was really hard for me to get below 2:45 for a split.  but now, I am almost consistently at a 2:20 split (or less if we are doing sprints).  I am feeling really good about it.  My legs are working well, my arms and chest are working well.  I am really liking the coaches, and am really excited for progress.  I really do like this workout alot!

I also got to go on a bikeride yesterday and today.  I volunteered at the "Shamrock Shuffle" this week (one of the largest 8K races in the US).  For those of you who don't know, I race for the American Cancer Society's DetermiNation program.  I have done a marathon and a half marathon in the past.  This year I am doing the Soldier Field 10 mile at the end of April.  We finish on the 50 yard line of soldier field on the jumbotron!!!!  awesome!  (shamless plug for fundraising- here is my link: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/meldanzsf10   )

So, this weekend I volunteered at the expo yesterday and was a "coach" today.  I biked all the way to Navy Pier yesterday and back, today all the way to grant park and back....Im thinking it was about 25 miles total.  My butt HURTS, but it hurts so good.

Anyways, the weight loss doesn't show it this week, but I know if I keep pushing through this, I will get over this plateau.  I feel a little like Cortney on the biggest loser.  But I will keep it up...and it will happen!!!


Weight: 142.8
24.4 BMI
38 inches- hips
30.5 inches waist
37 inches chest...


oh and did I forget to mention.....It's my BIRTHDAY WEEK!!!!  Hip Hip Hooray!!!  I turn 30 on Thursday and can't wait!  I am so excited for my thirties....Thirty, and Flirty and Fun!



1 comment: