Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Too FEW calories?

So, I have been utilizing livestrong.com to tell me how many calories I need to consume to get down to my target weight by my my wedding  (my own personal shedding for the wedding....but I don't win a honeymoon:().  According to livestrong.com I was supposed to be around 940 calories a day.  Here's the thing....since I have started trying to get down to 940, nothing has been happening!  I have been doing some research and I think I am not eating ENOUGH!  I guess if you "starve" yourself- which I have not been doing in case anyone is worried- your body stores all the extra food so it has a safety zone!

So, I from what I am reading, I need to increase my calorie intake to 1200/day, which is what I was doing a few months ago (4 meals a day at 300 calories a meal).

Hopefully this will keep me going and put back on track!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dude! My doctor and nutritionist told me to NEVER go under 1200, especially if you are at all exercising. Under 1200 puts your body in starvation mode.

    Yes, please go up to 1200.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! As soon as I saw this, I was thinking NEVER BELOW 1200! Then I saw that you're going to go up to 1200. And, honestly, with all of the exercise you're doing, you could probably go up to 1600, and then you'd have better workouts and more energy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete