Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rowing Weigh in - Week 4

Good Easter Morning all-
First, thank you for all your comments on my last post.  Thanks to you, I have upped my calorie intake to 1250 net calories per day.  Let me tell you what a difference it makes.  I am not feeling hungry anymore, and have seen a decrease in weight...just as you all predicted!  I think my body is still getting used to not being "starved", so it may take a bit longer, but I think it will get me back on track!

This week was great.  I am getting SOOOO good at rowing.  My splits are going down, I am getting better at form (my back doesnt hurt nearly as badly). If it wasn't for this silly run I am doing at the end of May, I think I would continue rowing.  Instead, after Wednesday---Melissa is my name, Running is my game.

My mom and sister came to town yesterday, and all of us (including Scott) went on a food tour of a neighborhood in Chicago.  It was sooooo fun!  We went on the near north side and had 7 stops: We had a pastrami sandwich at one of the only real Jewish Deli's in downtown chicago, we had some tea at Tea Guschwender, went to The Spice House where we tasted cinnemen from around the world, Old Town Oil, where we sampled some great 100% EVOO's and balsamic vinagarettes, some delicious toffee from the Fudge Pot, a perogi and Kolaczki's, and then to Bocino's pizza for some "heart healthy" Chicago style stuffed pizza.
All that eating....but it was a walking tour, we walked about 3 miles through three different Chicago Neighborhoods (Gold Coast, Old Town, Lincoln Park).  Learned a lot about the history of Chicago, saw the original playboy mansion, and just had a great time.  I highly HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who wants a nice way to spend a few (3 and a half) hours on a walking tour in Chicago.

Anyways, with all that walking plus some more, and my rowing yesterday and the burger and fries I had for dinner, I still didnt get my required calorie intake!  I tried as hard as I could!!!!

Mom and sis are still here, and we are up for some more eating and fun!  Enjoy your Easter's.
PS- next weekend I will be at a wedding.  I may post something on Monday!

Oh- the weigh in results!
Weight- 142.6 lbs
Hips- 38
Waist- 30.5
Chest- 37

No comments:

Post a Comment